How to Apply
To enter your site for a Sandford Award, you need to complete an application form and submit it by email or post. If you require a paper copy, then please write to the address below. The cost of entry is £250. The Award is valid for five years. The application round usually opens in early December and closes in mid-February each year. Judges’ visits take place between March and June, and the final reports are issued in July/August. The annual award ceremony is in November and is held at one of the winning sites.
The Sandford Award
Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln
Your site and your services will be measured against six criteria:
- The education programmes are delivered in a way that engages, informs and inspires visitors
- The educational provision at the site contributes to an understanding of the local and national heritage
- The programme has been developed through consultation with educational customers and advisors
- There is attention to good management and administration during all aspects of the visit
- Educational resources and services are provided which enhance the quality of the learners' visit
- The statutory requirements are provided
If you have any queries relating to the criteria, then please email: email@example.com
Duration of Award
The Award is valid for five years from the date of the Award, after which all Award-holding sites are invited to apply for a full reappraisal of their educational programmes.
Failure to reapply or to pass a new assesement will, subject to appeal, result in the property losing the listing as a ‘Sandford Award Holding Property’ and with it the right to display the Sandford Award logo on publicity and educational material.
Bishop Grosseteste University is a registered charity | The Charity Commission Registration Number is 527276. The Heritage Education Trust is a Charitable Company | Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England No 2080758. The Charity Commission Registration Number is 297311